Strong EPICentre delegation at 16th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering
10 May 2018
A large delegation from UCL Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering will attend the 16th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering (16ECEE) in Thessaloniki, Greece, from 18th to 21th June 2018.
One week after European conference, Dr Carmine Galasso will be presenting his research at the 11th National Conference on Earthquake Engineering (NCEE) in Los Angeles, which is hosted every four years by the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI).
Papers accepted for oral presentation at 16ECEE (EPICentre staff and PhD students in bold).
1. Adhikari R.K., D'Ayala D., Ferreira C.F., and Cortes F.R. "Structural classification system for load bearing masonry school buildings".
2. Baiguera M., Vasdravellis G., and Karavasilis T.L. "Collapse assessment of a steel frame with high post-yield stiffness stainless steel devices in Abaqus."
3. Bertelli S., Rossetto T., and Ioannou I. "Derivation of empirical fragility functions from the 2009 L'Aquila earthquake data."
4. De la Barra C.N., Rossetto T., Petrone C., and Vásquez J. "New approaches for the nonlinear assessment of buildings subjected to earthquake and tsunami in sequence."
5. de la Llera J.C., Rivera F., Gil M., and Schwarzhaupt U. "Mitigating risk through R&D+innovation: Chile's national strategy for disaster resilience."
6. Freddi F., Dimopoulos C.A., and Karavasilis T.L. "Design, numerical simulation, and experimental evaluation of a rocking damage-free steel column base with friction devices."
7. Huang C., Galasso C., Ma Q., Tao D., and Li J. "Towards new ground-motion prediction equations for Sichuan, China."
8. Ioannou I., Verrucci E., Arcidiacono V., and Rossetto T. "Empirical fragility assessment of the Italian masonry buildings using data from the Emilia 2012 sequence of earthquakes."
9. Macabuag J., Petrone C., and Rossetto T. "Investigation of the role of ductility in the assessment of structures under tsunami loading."
10. Melatti V. and D'Ayala D. "Dissipating device for the seismic protection of masonry structures."
11. Minas S., Sousa l., Galasso C., and Rossetto T. "Sensitivity of probabilistic regional seismic loss to hazard and vulnerability modelling options."
12. Ming D., Huang C., Peters G., and Galasso C. "A one-stage estimation algorithm for ground-motion models with spatial correlations."
13. Nassirpour A., Galasso C., and D'Ayala D. "A mobile application for multi-hazard physical vulnerability prioritization of schools."
14. Nassirpour A., Galasso C., and D'Ayala D. "Increasing seismic resilience of Philippines' school infrastructure through structural retrofitting."
15. Putrino V. and D'Ayala D. "Mechanic-based procedure for the damage mechanism evaluation of historic masonry structures."
16. Tsioulou A., Galasso C., and Taflanidis A. "Comparing seismic demand to spectrum-compatible recorded and stochastic ground motions."
17. Tubaldi E., Freddi F., and Zona A. "Seismic performance of steel dual systems with BRBs and moment-resisting frames."
18. Zhou L., Galasso C., and D'Ayala D. "Development of fragility functions for reinforced concrete buildings in Sichuan, China."
19. Zhou L., Galasso C., Yan S., Xue Z., Wang Y., and D'Ayala D. "CROSSH - China Resilience of Schools to Seismic Hazard: a case study in Beichuan Qiang Autonomous County, Sichuan."
Paper accepted for poster presentation at 16ECEE:
20. Bessason B., Ioannou I., Kosmidis I., Bjarnason J.O., and Rossetto T. "Empirical vulnerability assessment for low rise RC, timber and masonry Icelandic buildings."
Papers accepted for oral presentation at 11NCEE:
21. Nassirpour A., Galasso C., and D'Ayala D. "Multi-Hazard Physical Vulnerability Prioritization of School Infrastructure in the Philippines."
22. Zhou L., Galasso C., and D'Ayala D. "CROSSH - China Resilience of Schools to Seismic Hazard: a case study in Beichuan Qiang Autonomous County, Sichuan."