UCL Innovation and Enterprise work with all academic disciplines to promote knowledge exchange to help engagement with the wider world. Find out what funding is available.
UCL Innovation and Enterprise managed funding is available in the following five areas:
- pre-commercialisation studies, in collaboration with UCLB (all subjects)
- starting innovative knowledge exchange projects (for all subjects, and with extra funding for projects related to EPSRC and STFC grants)
- discovery-to-use - significant support is available for the development of the application of research to an industry setting (related to EPSRC grants only)
- secondments, whether to industry, social enterprises and charities (enterprise), or to government departments (policy) (related to EPSRC grants only)
- support for establishing continuing professional development (CPD) courses, a process facilitated by UCL Life Learning (all subjects)
Our funding sources
Our funding sources are the:
- Higher Education Innovation Fund (HEIF) from HEFCE
- Research Council Impact Acceleration Accounts (IAAs)
We welcome applications from all UCL departments, from the life sciences to the social sciences, from engineering and nanotechnology to humanities and the arts. Professional services staff are also welcome to participate. We're always looking to expand the range of activities to benefit from this funding.
You're encouraged to discuss your proposals with our team prior to submission: please contact us at email@example.com
Other funding sources
Funding is also available from sources including the:
- UCL Tecnnology Fund (via UCL Business)
- UCL Therapeutic Acceleration Support (via the Translational Research Office (TRO))
- Apollo Therapeutics Fund
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on funding.