Get your business ready to go live in eight evenings of hands-on workshops, gaming activities and one-to-one support, then pitch for a prize of up to £10,000.
Refine your plans, finalise your pitch and get closer to launching your business through a series of free, highly interactive workshops. As well as laying the groundwork for a successful business, you’ll get to know other entrepreneurs and learn from the experts. You’ll then be able to pitch for up to £10,000 to develop your business.
Date, time and place
We run the Launch programme every term over eight weeks.
Start date: 13 February 2019
Time: Wednesday from 5pm to 8pm
Place: UCL BaseKX, 103c Camley Street, London N1C 4PF
Who it’s for
You’ll be a UCL student, recent graduate or member of staff.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- have a proven business idea (you’ve engaged with potential customers, secured your first customer or developed a minimal viable product – MVP)
- want to validate your business model
- be committed to your business and to developing it further
- agree to complete at least 75% of the programme
Businesses already in the Hatchery incubator or endorsed for a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa won’t be able to apply.
What you’ll cover
We’re continually evolving this programme to reflect changes in the marketplace.
However, a typical programme might cover:
- using the problem/solution-fit model to develop your business
- creating a competitive brand and effective marketing plan
- sales prospecting and planning techniques
- financial planning and funding options
- going for growth and setting objectives
You’ll also get time to practise your pitch and talk with a business expert.
Make sure you can pitch for the prize
At the end of the programme you'll have the chance to pitch for a prize of up to £10,000 to develop your business further. It’s not compulsory but it’s a great way to practise your presentation skills.
To qualify you’ll need to:
- attend 75% of the sessions
- show how you’ve developed and validated your business venture
How to apply for the programme
Fill out the online form by 9am on Monday, 28 January 2019 and if you’re shortlisted we’ll invite you to pitch for a place on the programme.
Pitch dates will be Monday 4 and Wednesday 6 February.
Read our privacy notice to understand how we’ll deal with your personal data.
About the lead facilitator
This programme is led by Yuliana Topazly, an award-winning serial entrepreneur, business advisor and educator with a broad experience of helping businesses start and grow. She’s a founder of My OutSpace and Buddy With and was named one of the Most Inspiring Entrepreneurs in the UK by The Sunday Times in 2016.