Get your business or social enterprise ready to go in eight weeks with our free online programme.
Refine your plans, finalise your pitch and get closer to launching your business through a series of interactive workshops and one-to-one mentoring support.
As well as laying the groundwork for a successful business or social enterprise, you’ll get to know other entrepreneurs and learn from the experts.
At the end of the programme you'll have an opportunity to pitch for a prize.
Date, time and place
We run the Launch programme every term over eight weeks.
This term the programme will be run entirely online using Microsoft Teams.
Dates: 20 May to 8 July 2020
Time: Wednesdays, from 5pm to 7pm
Who it’s for
You’ll be a UCL student, graduate or member of staff.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- have a proven business or social enterprise idea (you’ve engaged with potential customers or developed a minimal viable product – MVP)
- want to validate your business model
- be committed to your business and to developing it further
- agree to complete at least 75% of the programme
You can't apply if:
- your business is already registered
- you're a member of the Hatchery
- you've been endorsed for a Start-up or Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
What you’ll cover
We’re continually evolving this programme to reflect changes in the marketplace.
However, a typical programme might cover:
- using the problem/solution-fit model to develop your business or social enterprise
- creating a competitive brand and effective marketing plan
- sales prospecting and planning techniques
- financial planning and funding options
You’ll also get time to practise your pitch and talk with a business expert.
At the end of the programme you'll have the chance to pitch for a prize. It’s not compulsory but it’s a great way to practise your presentation skills.
To qualify you’ll need to:
- attend 75% of the sessions
- show how you’ve developed and validated your idea
You’ll need to have Microsoft Teams installed on a computer with a good internet connection. If you don’t have it, you can download Teams for free from the Microsoft website.
If you have a UCL email address you should use this to login to Teams. If you can’t use a UCL account, you’ll need to create a free personal Microsoft account to use Teams.
Web and phone versions of Teams are not suitable as they have limited features.
You'll also need a microphone (and preferably a webcam), so you can take part in group activities and discussions.
Applications are currently closed.
If your written application for this programme was successful, you'll have been asked to submit a 2 minute video pitch of your business idea by 11.30pm on Monday, 11 May 2020.
About the lead facilitator
This programme is led by Yuliana Topazly, an award-winning serial entrepreneur, business advisor and educator with a broad experience of helping businesses start and grow. She’s a founder of My OutSpace and Buddy With and was named one of the Most Inspiring Entrepreneurs in the UK by The Sunday Times in 2016.
Watch a video about the Launch programme
You might also be interested in
Read our privacy notice to understand how UCL Innovation & Enterprise will deal with your personal data.
UCL Innovation & Enterprise reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or speakers without prior notice. Such alterations are occasionally necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.