Learn how to apply creative and innovative thinking in the workplace or when setting up a business with this free one-day course. You don't need any business experience or a startup idea to attend.
This free one-day course will help you develop an innovative mindset.
You’ll learn methods for generating ideas and how to think critically to solve problems creatively within the context of an innovation challenge.
It will introduce you to the terminology used in creative thinking, innovation and entrepreneurship.
You’ll learn about innovation cycles and the processes associated with innovation. You’ll also learn how to apply various innovation tools.
This course is part of our ‘Inspire’ series of courses.
Who it’s for
This course is for UCL students, staff and recent graduates (within 3 years of graduating) who are new to creative thinking, ideation or innovation and want to:
- develop an innovative mindset
- apply creative thinking to a future startup, social enterprise or within a corporate position.
You don't need any prior business experience to attend. You don't need to be an aspiring entrepreneur or already have a business idea.
What you’ll learn
This course will help you develop an innovative mindset and apply creative thinking to a future startup, social enterprise or within a corporate position.
It will also help you understand:
- the basic terminology of creative thinking, innovation and entrepreneurship
- the processes associated with innovation
- innovation cycles, frameworks and how to apply various innovation tools
- how historical innovators have solved some of the world’s greatest challenges
- how to apply a customer-led approach to ideation, innovation and entrepreneurship
- the purpose, interaction and value of multi-disciplinary teams working on a single issue
You’ll also develop skills to help you:
- think critically to solve problems creatively within the context of an innovation challenge
- apply various idea generation models
- work effectively within a team
What to expect
This is an online, interactive, activity-based course.
You’ll take part in workshop sessions and group discussions, and explore case studies and interactive content.
About the tutor
Stuart Hartley is the managing director of Incrementa Consulting Limited. He's been supporting students and graduates with enterprise and business startups for the past 15 years. Along the way, he's helped over 2,500 students and graduates to start businesses.
Dates and times
This free one-day online course runs several times a year.
Book now for:
- Wednesday, 13 October 2021, 9.30am to 3pm
- Monday, 8 November 2021, 9.30am to 3pm
- Wednesday, 1 December 2021, 9.30am to 3pm
- Monday, 31 January 2022, 9.30am to 3pm
- Wednesday, 2 March, 2022, 9.30am to 3pm
Read our privacy notice to understand how UCL Innovation & Enterprise will deal with your personal data.
UCL Innovation & Enterprise reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or speakers without prior notice. Such alterations are occasionally necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.