Knowledge exchange funding calls announced for winter/spring 2019
29 November 2018
Three new tranches of knowledge exchange funding, managed by UCL Innovation & Enterprise are being made available to UCL staff in the early part of 2019.
Funding is available from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council’s Impact Acceleration Account (EPSRC IAA), Research England’s Higher Education Innovation Fund (HEIF) and the Science and Technology Facilities Council’s Impact Acceleration Account (STFC IAA).
The funding calls will run from:
- 7 January to 30 January (earliest start date: 11 March). Funding Committee review: week commencing 25 February
- 11 February to 6 March (earliest start date: 23 April). Funding Committee review: week commencing 1 April
- 18 March to 10 April (earliest start date: 28 May). Funding Committee review: week commencing 13 May
EPSRC IAA knowledge exchange awards range from £3,000 to £30,000, with:
- awards of £10,000 to £100,000 for larger ‘discovery-to-use’ projects, often involving pre-commercialisation activities
- up to £30,000 for six-month secondments with companies, social enterprises, charities and other non-academic organisations
We recently introduced an innovator-in-residence scheme, designed to give UCL staff the opportunity to collaborate with a senior industry expert. Up to £30,000 in funding is available for the innovator to spend time in UCL, helping to develop the impact of specific UCL research programmes.
HEIF funding includes up to £15,000 for small knowledge exchange projects and up to £30,000 for pre-commercialisation projects.
STFC IAA funding of up to £10,000 is available for knowledge exchange activities.
Find out more
Go to our funding pages for further information about these funding calls. You're encouraged to discuss your proposals with our team before you submit your application. You can contact us at email@example.com
We're holding three drop-in sessions to accompany each round of funding. This will allow you to ask us any questions about knowledge exchange funding.
The sessions will be held on:
- Wednesday, 9 January 2019, 1pm to 3pm, in South Cloisters, Wilkins Building
- Wednesday, 13 February 2019, 1pm to 3pm, in Room G08, 1-19 Torrington Place
- Wednesday, 20 March 2019, 1pm to 3pm, in Room 944, Institute of Education, Bedford Way
There's no need to book - you can just turn up at one of these sessions.