UCL Global Entrepreneurship Week 2018: Women in enterprise
6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, 15 November 2018
Join us in celebrating the achievements of female entrepreneurs at this free evening event. Hear female entrepreneurs share their stories and experiences, and network with like-minded peers.
UCL Innovation & Enterprise
UCL BaseKX103c Camley StreetLondonN1C 4PF
What to expect
This evening aims to enthuse and inspire. It'll acknowledge the challenges that women face in entrepreneurship but, more importantly, celebrate the achievements and innovative ideas of female entrepreneurs.
You'll hear inspirational talks from several entrepreneurs. Alysia Silberg, General Partner at Street Global Venture Capital and UN Women Global Champion, will give the keynote speech. After this, you'll hear from a panel of female-led startups, including Safe in the City, Musemo and In2Science.
The evening will close with networking and refreshments.
About the speaker
Alysia Silberg is a seed-stage technology investor engaging startups addressing global challenges. Her performance-driven firm, Street Global, bridges Silicon Valley and global markets with knowhow, capital and powerful relationships.
As the founder and host of Global Fireside Chat, a weekly online radio show about entrepreneurship, Alysia elevates entrepreneurship to further prosperity and wellbeing. The show has more than 100,000 followers across 65 countries.
Alysia is also a UN Women Global Champion and an #InspiringFifty Most Inspiring Women in STEM.
Who it’s for
This event open to anyone interested in entrepreneurship, whether you're part of the UCL community or not.
Dates and times
This free event will take place on Thursday 15 November, from 6pm to 8:30pm.
The programme for the evening:
- 6pm - registration, networking and refreshments
- 6:30pm - keynote speech by Alysia Silberg
- 7pm - presentation by Jillian Kowalchuk, Founder of Safe in the City
- 7:10pm - presentation by Olga Kravchenko and Kaitlin Fritz, Co-Founders of Musemio
- 7:20pm - presentation by Danielle Thibodeau, In2Science
- 7:30pm - panel discussion
- 7:50pm - networking and refreshments
- 8:30pm - event ends
Book your place
This event is free, but please register to attend. Please only register if you'll be able to attend on the night.
Read our privacy notice to understand how UCL Innovation & Enterprise will deal with your personal data.
Global Entrepreneurship Week 2018 at UCL
This event is one of a series we’re running to celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week 2018. Other events include:
- Celebration launch event - Monday, 12 November, 6 to 8.30pm
- UCL entrepreneurship showcase - Wednesday, 14 November, 5:30 to 8.30pm
- The Mayor’s Entrepreneur Competition: Ideation boot camp - Saturday 17 November, 10am to 9pm