02 March 2018 | 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Business modelling for researchers
- UCL BaseKX, 103c Camley Street, London, N1C 4PF
- Open to
- UCL staff | UCL students
- UCL Innovation and Enterprise
This free course is for research students and staff at UCL. Learn how businesses operate and how to assess the commercial potential of your ideas, projects and research.
Every sustainable product or service has a business model behind it and understanding these models can help you commercialise your ideas and research.
During the workshop you’ll:
- learn about different business models using the Business Model Canvas (one-page business model templates)
- practise using the canvas with a hypothetical example
- apply the canvas to your own research and ideas
This workshop will be helpful if you’re considering the applications of your research, have ambitions to start your business or simply want to learn more about business.
Who can attend
This free half-day course is for research students and staff at UCL. This includes:
- doctoral students
- post-doctoral (‘early career’) researchers
- research staff
It's aimed at those with little to no business experience.
Places on this course are limited. Please read the terms and conditions.
This course is one of a number of courses for UCL researchers run by UCL Innovation and Enterprise. Find out more about our career development courses for researchers.