31 January 2018 | 9:30 am to 21 February 2018 | 5:00 pm
- UCL BaseKX, 103c Camley Street, London, N1C 4PF
- Open to
- UCL staff | UCL students
- UCL Innovation and Enterprise
This free four-day course (which runs over four weeks) is for research students and staff at UCL. Broaden your professional experience and develop a set of transferable business-related skills.
This workshop will focus on building entrepreneurial skills like idea-generation, problem solving, team-working and commercial awareness.
You'll have an opportunity to:
- work in teams to solve real-life business problems
- learn key skills from experienced consultancy trainers
- conduct market research and competitor analysis to create a business proposition
- spend time with a client to understand a business problem and construct a viable solution that you’ll pitch at the end of the week
Who can attend
This free course is for research students and staff at UCL. This includes:
- doctoral students
- post-doctoral (‘early career’) researchers
- research staff
You’ll need approval from your supervisor to attend the course.
Dates and times
This course will run over four days (over four weeks):
- Wednesday 31 January, 9.30 am to 5pm
- Wednesday 7 February, 9.30 am to 5pm
- Wednesday 14 February, 9.30 am to 5pm
- Wednesday 21 February, 9.30 am to 5pm
Places on this course are limited. Please read the terms and conditions.
This course is one of a number of courses for UCL researchers run by UCL Innovation and Enterprise. Find out more about our career development courses for researchers.