Entrepreneurship at UCL
Entrepreneurship is a set of skills and an attitude to life. It’s as valuable in the modern world as any qualification.
Our students, staff and alumni can all benefit from entrepreneurial skills - whether they’re starting a business or dealing with the challenges of everyday life.
In addition to learning how business works, these transferable skills will help them:
- develop the confidence to try out new ideas, take risks, explore the unexplored
- work with other people in a range of different situations
- succeed academically during their time at UCL and in their future career
How we support students, staff and alumni
UCL Innovation and Enterprise offers students, staff and alumni a wide range of interactive and immersive experiences to stimulate their entrepreneurial drive, enriching their time at UCL and preparing them for the world beyond.
- training, guest lectures and challenges to develop entrepreneurial thinking and skills
- drop-in advice on whether an idea has commercial potential, as well as one-to-one mentoring sessions with business advisors
- start-up funding and start-up office space
UCL Innovation and Enterprise has helped over 250 students start a new business. Over 75% of those businesses are still active, five year later.
UCL Business (UCL’s technology commercialisation company) is a wholly owned subsidiary of UCL and has helped create spin-outs that have raised investment in excess of £600 million.