Find contact information for staff involved with knowledge exchange policy and funding.
Executive Director, Office of the Vice Provost
Kathryn heads up teams developing and implementing UCL institutional policies for innovation and enterprise, and allocating funding for innovation and enterprise projects.
Contact Kathryn about:
- Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF) and Concordat (KEC)
- institutional strategy for innovation and enterprise
- innovation and enterprise policy matters
Kathryn’s previous role was Director of the Enterprise Office at Loughborough University. Before that she had an industrial research career in Sharp and BP. She has a BSc and PhD in Physics from King’s College, London.
Strategy and Policy Manager
Tel: 020 3108 8920 (internal: 58920)
Lydia is on leave until February 2022.
Lydia is responsible for developing and supporting institutional policies to encourage innovation. She also manages the delivery of strategic documents on innovation and enterprise activity across UCL, including knowledge exchange reporting.
Contact Lydia about:
- reporting to Research England around knowledge exchange and innovation
- innovation and enterprise policies, including the Disclosure of Conflicts and Declaration of Interest, Revenue Sharing, and Intellectual Property policies
Lydia joined Innovation & Enterprise from UCL Communications and Marketing, where she worked in strategic planning, providing market research to inform the development of marketing strategies and student number planning.
Head of Finance and Innovation Funding
Tel: 020 7679 8185 (internal: 08185)
Ed is responsible for the management and distribution of more than £7 million of Knowledge Exchange and Impact funding, along with the financial management of the department. He also leads the financial evaluation of new projects, commercial ventures and funding bids.
Ed is a CIPFA qualified chartered accountant. He has 12 years’ experience with higher education finance with KPMG and EY.
Knowledge Exchange Manager
Tel: 020 3108 7933 (internal: 57933)
Mariana was appointed Knowledge Exchange Manager in 2014, having worked for UCL since 2012. She's responsible for the effective management of more than £7 million of knowledge exchange and impact funding held by UCL Innovation & Enterprise. UCL staff can contact Mariana about accessing knowledge exchange funding schemes and for advice in shaping a successful project.
Before this, Mariana managed the submission to the Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014) for UCL’s School of Life and Medical Sciences (SLMS). She has more than 15 years’ experience working in the UK Higher Education sector.
Impact Acceleration Account Administrator
Tel: 020 3108 6984 (internal: 56984)
Siobhán is responsible for administration of the knowledge exchange and impact funding held by UCL Innovation & Enterprise, in particular the EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA).
- to discuss your idea or project, what we can fund and which scheme is right for you
- if you have any queries or problems when preparing or submitting an application
- if you need to discuss your funded project
- if you have any other general queries on the funding schemes
Siobhán’s background is in medicinal chemistry (BSc) and organic chemistry (PhD). Before this, she worked in peer review with the Royal Society of Chemistry and has a broad overview of many areas of the chemical sciences.
Knowledge Exchange Reporting and Communications Officer
Tel: 020 3108 7936 (internal: 57936)
Nigel is responsible for enhancing awareness of our knowledge exchange-related activities. He writes formal reports for funding bodies, plus news stories and case studies aimed at a wider readership.
Contact Nigel about:
- reporting to funding bodies (e.g. EPSRC, STFC)
- case studies resulting from knowledge exchange-related activities (e.g. Impact Acceleration Accounts)
- knowledge exchange-related news stories
Before joining UCL, Nigel worked as a Reporting Officer at the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva. He's also worked as a journalist on BBC News Online and several business magazines.
Senior Finance Officer
Tel: 020 3108 7943 (internal: 57943)
Meera is responsible for coordinating the financial activities and financial management of UCL Innovation & Enterprise.
Contact Meera about:
- processing interdepartmental transfers (IDTs)
- financial queries within the department
- MyFinance and Axiom queries
- approving expenses and purchase orders for knowledge exchange projects