This MRes is a one-year research degree dealing with areas of technology and systems related to telecommunications, communications technology and the next generation of IP support networks.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
Students choose three of the following:
- Broadband Technologies and Components (ELEC0108)
- Communications Systems Modelling (ELEC0086)
- Introduction to Internet Protocol Networks (ELEC0099)
- Mobile Communications Systems (MCS) (ELEC0102)
- Wireless Communications Principles (WCP) (ELEC0104)
- Network and Services Management (ELEC0092)
- Optical Transmission and Networks (ELEC0049)
- Software for Network and Services Design (ELEC0088)
- Telecommunications Business Environment (ELEC0094)
- Antennas and Propagation (ELEC0048)
- RF Circuits and Sub-Systems (ELEC0115)
- Photonic Subsystems (ELEC0078)
- Radar Systems (ELEC0053)
- Advanced Photonics Devices (ELEC0109)
- Internet of Things (ELEC0130)
All students undertake a substantial research project working in association with one of the research groups at UCL or a collaborating industrial research laboratory, culminating in a dissertation.