Our work is devoted to photonic devices and systems that work at high speeds.
Our device work includes :
- THz bandwidth photo-detectors
- THz bandwidth optical comb generators
- Indium Phosphide photonic integrated circuits
- Quantum Dot on silicon photonic integrated circuits
Our systems work includes :
- broadband wireless access systems using microwave, millimetre-wave and THz over fibre technologies,
- optical analogue to digital converters,
- wavelength division multiplexed (WDM) optical transmission systems,
- uncooled WDM systems using optical frequency synthesis, and
- national scale dark fibre optical transmission experiments.
Details of individual projects can be found by following the research projects and publications links.
We welcome interest in our work from prospective research students and research associates, from other academics, from research agencies and from industry.