Prof Yiannis Andreopoulos
Professor of Data and Signal Processing Systems
Dept of Electronic & Electrical Eng
Faculty of Engineering Science
- Joined UCL
- 15th Dec 2007
- signal processing & deep neural networks,
- error-tolerant computing,
- multimedia systems,
- wireless protocols for low-end systems (e.g. sensor networks).
Recent Research Funding
- PI (UCL Media Institute): QUEMAT: Query Adaptive Media Asset Tracking, 2018-2019, Innovate UK
- Co-I (UCL EEE): TRANSNET: Transforming networks - building an intelligent optical infrastructure, 2018-2024, EPSRC
- PI (UCL EEE): DECSTER: Deep Learning from Crawled Spatio-Temporal Representations of Video, 2018-2021, EPSRC
- PI (UCL EEE): Scalable Open-Data Collection for Video Stream Classification & Retrieval (SCODA-VIDEO), EPSRC + UCL Knowledge Exchange and Innovation Fund
- PI (UCL EEE): Deep-Learning based Bitstream Analytics for Value Discovery in Video, 2017-2020, EPSRC CASE, co-sponsored by The Media Institute
- PI (UCL EEE): ENVISION: Enabling Visual IoT Applications with Advanced Network Coding Algorithms, 2018-2019, H2020 (Marie Curie Individual Fellowship)
- PI (UCL Media Institute): DELVE-VIDEO: Deep-Learning based Bitstream Analytics for Value Discovery in Video, 2017-2018, Innovate UK
- PI (UCL EEE): IOSIRE: The Internet of Silicon Retinas: Machine to machine communications for neuromorphic vision sensing data, 2017-2020, EPSRC
- ELEC0132: Applied Machine Learning Systems (15 hours on unsupervised learning, kernel learning and neural networks, Joint Module leader with Dr M. Rodrigues)
- ELECGT27: Internet of Things (3 hours on data analysis, classification and regression, Module leader: Dr. R. Grammenos)
- ELECGT01: Introduction to Telecommunications (3 hours on multimedia systems, Module leader: Prof. I. Darwazeh)
- ELECGT02: Communications Systems Modelling (7 hours on signal processing fundamentals, Module leader: Prof. K. Wong)
- ELECGT15 "Internet Multimedia Systems" (Module leader) - see also our open-source testbed developed by class projects, now widely used around the world.
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Doctorate, Doctor of Philosophy | 2005
- University of Patras
- Other higher degree, Master of Science | 2000
- University of Patras
- First Degree, Bachelor of Engineering | 1999
Yiannis Andreopoulos has made major contributions to image/vision computing and large-scale multidimensional data analysis. In collaboration with industry, elements of his research in video processing systems have been integrated into commercial products. Author of 150+ papers, 3 patents, 10+ contributions to standards and £3M+ in research grants as Principal Investigator at UCL.
Research interests: signal processing & deep neural networks, error-tolerant computing, multimedia systems (mainly video), and wireless protocols for low-end systems (e.g. sensor networks).