The EIL prides itself on its record and ability to work effectively with industry. This includes partnership in TSB and European funded projects, directly funded research and consultancy.
UCL offers 3-year Ph.D. Impact Studentships for working with industry at half the full cost (£10,850 per year, students must be UK or EU nationals only).
The EIL offers excellent opportunities for Ph.D. and M.Sc. research across a broad range of areas.
The EIL has an outstanding academic team with world-class experimental and computational facilities. By definition, every Ph.D. is unique and different; however, every Ph.D. in the EIL will deliver the following:
- Development of a strong theoretical background and expertise is cutting-edge methods and techniques.
- Offer projects that tackle modern and highly relevant global challenges using novel, exciting approaches.
- Develop the whole person by exposing researchers to all aspects of research and work in a professional environment.
- Publish and present research is leading international peer reviewed journals and conferences
- Experience a fun, enjoyable, culturally invigorating experience in the heart of the world's most cosmopolitan city.
- Gain experience of presentation skills, team work, personal development and benefit from the wide range of skills development courses run by the Graduate School.
We do not offer a list of potential research projects here because the list is too extensive and constantly changing in order to stay relevant and cutting-edge. We prefer to discuss projects with the applicant personally to match respective interests and skills. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with the research of the academics in the EIL and then contact them directly by e-mail. For general enquiries contact Dr. Brett (email@example.com).
Formal applications for Ph.D. can be made here.
The EIL welcomes highly motivated and talented researchers who are self-funded or have scholarships from their country of origin. The UCL Graduate School also offers a range of scholarships to highly qualified students.
The Centre for Doctoral Training
The Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) Hydrogen - Fuel Cells and their Fuels is a collaboration between five universities. Find out more here.
Masters Level Research
Students are given a choice of EIL projects to work on as part of the undergraduate Research Project and have access to access to EIL projects, facilities and supervisors through both the MEng and MSc programmes: