Programmes we offer
Please click on the headings below to find out more about the programmes we offer:
- Full-time initial professional training Doctorate in Educational & Child Psychology
The DECPsy is a three-year professional training doctorate programme that is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). Successful completion of the programme enables graduates to register as a Practitioner Psychologist with the HCPC and as a Chartered Educational Psychologist with the BPS.Click here to find out more about:
- Key features of the programme - curriculum content, practice and research, videos from current students and alumni, and more
- UK funded applicant entry route and requirements
- Information for overseas applicants
- The DECPsy programme tutor team
Please note that we do not offer a part-time equivalent of this programme and do not offer a 1 year Masters. In 2009 the Health and Care Professions Council set the threshold level of qualification for entry to the register for Educational Psychologists at 'Professional Doctorate or Equivalent'.
- Part-time CPD Doctorate in Educational Psychology for qualified EPs
The DEdPsy is a flexible 4-year research degree tailored to meet the needs of practising Educational Psychologists with at least one year's experience. The programme welcomed its 19th cohort in January 2017 and combines a practical/applied focus with academic and research excellence, providing opportunities to carry out high-quality applied research and to develop evidence-based practice. Click here to find out more about:
- Key features of the programme - taught and research components, tutor support, conference and networking opportunities, graduate testimonial videos and more
- Applying to the programme (for UK, EU and overseas applicants)
- The DEdPsy programme tutor team
Please note that this is a doctorate and not a PhD programme. If you are interested in studying a PhD programme, click here for PhDs offered within the Division of Psychology and Language Science.
- CPD Programmes - Leadership Course
Developing Effective Leadership of Educational Psychology Services
This seven session programme is directed at Principal and Senior EPs who wish to review and develop their leadership skills and understanding in the fast changing environments in which services find themselves. Click here to find out more.
- CPD Programmes - Management Course
Becoming a Senior EP: Making sense of the role
This seven session course is intended for senior EPs (management or specialist) and EPs with three years’ experience who are considering a senior EP role. It is designed to develop and clarify ideas about psychological service management. Click here to find out more.
- Leading Edge Psychology Days
These days are organised on behalf of practitioner psychologist students on the UCL DEdPsy programme and are open to all EP practitioners across the country. Focusing on topical areas of EP practice, Leading Edge Days are led by nationally known keynote speakers and innovative practitioners, incorporating both research and practice components. Click here to find out more.