Explore Econ: Student shortlist announced
7 June 2021
UCL Economics’ annual undergraduate conference, Explore Econ has now shortlisted student entries for both the Research paper and poster categories.
You can view each research paper and poster below with its accompanying video and you can then take part in the Popular Vote.
- "Investigating the impact of the US-China trade war on US soybean farmers" by Antara Roy | Watch video
- "Synthetic Control Case Study: The Chilean Liberalisation" by Aditya Mori and Alessandro Guarnieri | Watch video
- "Voter Turnout and Political Environment: A Case of United State" by Xingzuo Zhou and Yichen Yu | Watch video
- "The Market Failure of User Privacy on Social Media Platforms" by Alexander Galouzis | Watch video
- "Explaining Financial Market Boom during the COVID-19 pandemic from a Microeconomic Perspective" by Daoyu Sun and June Du | Watch video
- "Green Monetary Policy" by Victor Arribas Martinez | Watch video
- "Expensive emissions: Risk adjustment generates high values for the social cost of carbon" by Matias Makiranta | Watch video
- "Perception of Vaccines - The key to mitigating the impact of the pandemic" by Terence Wong | Watch video
- "Performance Pay in Health and Education – Can incentives transform efficiency in the public sector?" Aadya Sharma and Kimberly Nyamushonongora | Watch video
- "Using models of collusion to explain vaccine nationalism and EU mutual debt issuance" by Phin Godfrey | Watch video
- "Have the policy measures to control the house price in Seoul shown their effectiveness?" by Gieun Cho | Watch video
- "Friend or Foe: Regional Trade Bloc Responses in Light of the COVID-19 Pandemic" by Yi Tay and Jun Ang | Watch video
- "Climate Club and Climate Change" by Salga Mirtill | Watch video
- "Optimizing Growth in Human Capital: A synthesis of findings across health, migration and education" by Alice Yip and Si Yuan Lee | Watch video
- "Household Responsibiltiy System: A turning point in the Chinese Agricutural System?" by Chenming Li and Jade Hao | Watch video
Explore Econ Live Event
- Date: 10 June
- Time: 1:30pm-3pm
- Location: Zoom
A selected number of shortlisted students will be showcasing their papers and posters, presenting to a panel of expert judges who will determine the winners. Explore Econ also includes the Ignite Session, a panel discussion on the Economics of Health with leading academics and students in the field.
Explore Econ is the UCL Department of Economics annual undergraduate research conference, organised by Centre for Teaching and Learning Economics (CTaLE). The conference showcases research in economics carried out by our students and is inspired by research-based education: we see our students as pro-active explorers and researchers, who can learn economics by doing what professional economists do.
- Explore Econ website
- Centre for Teaching and Learning Economics (CTaLE)
- Popular Vote
- Register to attend Explore Econ Conference and Prize-Giving