UCL's Education Awards 2021: Economics staff shortlisted
16 April 2021
Postgraduate Teaching Assistants, Ahmed Saade and Aoife Horan and academics Aureo de Paula, Frank Witte, Cloda Jenkins, Parama Chaudhury, Suphanit Piyapromdee and Dunli Li have been shortlisted in this year's Education Awards.
The annual Education Awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of staff and students, and their contributions to our learning community, through:
Eight members of staff in the Department of Economics at UCL have been shortlisted:
UCL Provost Education Awards
This award recognises staff making outstanding contributions to the learning experience and success of our students. Each of the listed candidates has received a UCL Education Award and will be shortlisted for the UCL Provost Education Award.
- Associate Professor Frank Witte for Academic Support
- Professor Aureo de Paula for Assessment and Feedback
- Lecturer, Suphanit Piyapromdee for Eliminating Awarding Gaps
- Lecturer, Dunli Li for Assessment and Feedback
- Aoife Horan as a Postgraduate Teaching Assistant
This year, Professors Cloda Jenkins and Parama Chaudhury have also been recognised separately for their contribution with a Faculty Education Award.
Student Choice Awards
The Student Choice Awards give our student body an opportunity to show their appreciation to staff who've gone above and beyond. This year, 1482 nominations were submitted, recognising 731 individual members of staff. In Economics, the following staff member has been shortlisted:
- Teaching Assistant, Ahmed Saade for Inspiring Teaching Delivery.
Also included on the roll of honour are:
- Valerie Lechene, Amazing Support Staff, Active Student Partnership
- Cloda Jenkins, Active Student Partnership
- Parama Chaudhury, Brilliant Research Based Education
- Dunli Li, Excellent Personal Tutoring
- Silvia Dal Bianco, Excellent Personal Tutoring
- Ahmed Saade, Excellent Personal Tutoring
- Frank Witte, Exceptional Feedback
- Malcolm Pemberton, Exceptional Feedback
- Marcos Vera-Hernandez, Inspiring Teaching Delivery
- Konrad Mierendorff, Inspiring Teaching Delivery
- Ramin Nassehi, Inspiring Teaching Delivery
- Giacomo Piccoli, Exceptional Feedback
The award winners will be announced on Wednesday 9 June 2021.
You can find the full list of shortlisted candidates here.