ORE Part 2: Dental Manikin 2017
This two-day course prepares you for the Dental Manikin element of ORE Part 2. Each day includes demonstrations and the opportunity for you to practice each element yourself.
- Course Information
23-24 October 2017
8-9 January 2018
12-13 March 2018
26-27 March 2018
3-4 September 2018
Two consecutive days.
13 hours verifiable CPD.
Each day will run approximately 9:00am - 5pm.
- Course Content
Aims and objectives
The course aims to prepare participants for the ORE Part 2 Dental Manikin examination. It delivers an overview of constituent elements of the examination, with demonstrations from experienced staff and provides the opportunity for participants to undertake the tasks themselves and receive direct guidance.
After attending this course, participants should have an improved understanding of the standards required on all of the Dental Manikin exercises in order to succeed in this component of the ORE Part 2 examination.
All teachers on the Institute's courses are experienced professionals. All participants are asked to submit written feedback via a questionnaire at the end of the course, which is used to monitor the course's quality of teaching and value for money.
Teaching and assessment
The course is delivered by a series of short demonstrations followed by the opportunity for students to hone their skills in the laboratory.
Please note that Endodontics will not be covered in this course
Day 1: Plastics
- Cavities: Class I, Class I occluso-palatal upper posterior teeth
- Amalgam exercise: Class II upper posterior tooth
- Composite exercise: Class III in an upper anterior tooth
- Composite exercise: Class IV in an upper anterior tooth, Class V buccal or palatal in an upper tooth
- Cusp build-up upper posterior tooth
- Rubber dam exercise: isolation of anterior teeth ready for a composite restoration
Day 2: Crowns and Veneers
- Full gold crown preparation on a posterior tooth
- Metal ceramic crown preparation on an anterior tooth
- Ceramic labial veneer preparation on an upper anterior tooth
- Temporary crown fabrication on a prepared tooth
- Impression on a prepared tooth
- Rest seat preparation
- How to Book
Who this course is for
This course is for overseas qualified dentists who have already sat the ORE Part 1 examination.
How to book
Please book online through UCL's Online Store. Before doing so, please ensure you have reviewed the above course information. Full payment is required up front to reserve a place. Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
To book please visit the online store.
What happens next
Once you have completed your purchase through the Online Store, you will receive an email confirming your booking.