Degree programmes you may be interested in:
|Degree||UCAS Code||A Levels||IB|
|Earth Sciences (International Programme) MSci||F605||AAB||36|
|Earth Sciences BSc||F603||AAB||36|
|Earth Sciences MSci||F604||AAB||36|
|Environmental Geoscience BSc||F644||AAB||36|
|Environmental Geoscience MSci||F645||AAB||36|
Earth Scientists make many beneficial contributions to society, by:
- understanding climate change and its dramatic consequences.
- monitoring geohazards and predicting volcanic eruptions and earthquakes.
- discovering and managing the world’s resources: hydrocarbons and precious minerals.
- managing groundwater and ensuring pollution-free water supplies.
- planning for environmental sustainability e.g. carbon capture and storage.
- investigating the strength of bedrock, to support roads, dams, power stations and tunnels.
UCL Earth Sciences carries out world-leading research in mineral, rock and ice physics, climate change impacts in the polar regions, geological archives of past global climate changes, palaeontology, and geo-environmental hazards – all used in the development of our undergraduate programmes. Our World-class facilities are accessible to our undergraduate students.