This 60 credit module is an independent research project on a topic of your choice. The project is usually conducted in the summer with a 10,000-12,000 dissertation submitted at the end of August.
Coordinator: Prof Bridget Wade
- Module Details
Title MSc Geoscience Dissertation UG Code GEOL0047 Coordinator Prof Bridget Wade Other Contributors Term 3 Credits 60 Written Exam Dissertation 100% Pre-Requisites Maths & Stats Content and Requirement Total Number of Hours of Student Work Hours of Lectures/Seminars Hours of Practicals/Problem Classes Hours of Tutorials Days of Fieldwork Other
As developed by the student and approved by the supervisor.
To develop the participants ability to undertake independent research particularly in relation to:
- Critical review of the relevant literature
- Planning and effective execution of scientific techniques
- Data analysis
- Evaluation of the results
- Effective presentation of research findings
Knowledge and understanding of:
- key literature relevant to the topic
- how to apply one or more appropriate research techniques
- the need to manage time and resources to meet a deadline.