This 3-day comprehensive Masterclass brings together experts from across the UK and overseas to provide an update on current understanding of auditory processing disorders.
Dates: 3rd - 5th March 2020
Course Directors: Doris-Eva Bamiou & Peter Keating
The course will investigate current science and developments in clinical practice in understanding auditory processing, cognition and language disorders in both adults and children.
Who this course is suitable for:
This course is suitable for:
- audiologists and audiology assistants
- hearing therapists
- audiology students
- teachers of the deaf
- speech and language therapists
- general practitioners with a special interest in audiology
- audiovestibular doctors and other health professionals
- other health professionals with an interest in hearing and cognition
- You should have previous knowledge and experience in general audiology.
- Day 1 - Auditory Processing from the Ear to the Cortex in a Clinical Context
- Day 2 - Auditory Processing, Language and Cognitive interactions in children
- Day 3 - Hearing, Auditory Processing and Cognition
Teaching and structure:
The course is taught over three consecutive days. You can attend for one, two or three days.
Lectures and workshops will be given by experts from the UCL Ear Institute and guest speakers.
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Anatomy and physiology of the peripheral and central auditory pathways
- Definition of Auditory Processing Disorders (APD) and controversies
- Clinical presentations of APD in adults and children and the interplay of auditory processing, cognition and language
- Diagnostic considerations for APD including its differential diagnosis from auditory neuropathy spectrum disorders, developmental and/or cognitive disorders
- Current test batteries for assessment of different cohorts of patients with APD (eg the child with developmental disorders; dementia patients)
- Multidisciplinary management of individuals with APD and with or without other hearing impairment, cognitive or developmental disorders in adults and children with APD
- Research tests in development
- Electrophysiological tests for auditory processing
Certificates and accreditation:
You'll receive a certificate of attendance for the days you attend.
This course has previously been accredited with the RCP (this year's points are still to be confirmed).
|Early Bird||Standard Rate|
|Cost of 1 day Masterclass||£200||£200|
|Cost of 2 day Masterclass||£320||£360|
|Cost of 3 day Masterclass||£390||£450|
- Payment via UCL Store must be made at least 2 working days before the start of the course
- In order to secure your place using a purchase order, these must be received at least 3 weeks before the start of the course
NB: Your place on the course is not secured until payment has cleared