Course Directors: Carolina Leal & Hannah Cooper
The aim of this module is to enhance clinical practice in the treatment of adults and children with hearing loss.
This module takes the form of a 4 day masterclass that will investigate current trends in adult and paediatric amplification. The aim of this module is to enhance clinical practice in the assessment, diagnosis and rehabilitation of adults and children with hearing loss.
• To foster an awareness of state of the art research in amplification and aural rehab as it relates to both adult and paediatric populations
• To develop international best practice as indicated by evidence-based approaches to rehabilitation
• To enable the implementation of clinically applicable tools & techniques that will elevate the process of aural rehabilitation to an advanced practitioner level.
• To foster a culture of self-evaluation and development of new skills
The 3 day masterclass has 2 days of adult focus, and 1 days paediatric focus. Participants may opt to attend all 3 days, or simply focus on adult or paediatric issues.
A combination of live and recorded lectures will be presented along with interactive, seminar style discussions and hands-on workshops.
- Audiologists wishing to update their knowledge in the most current trends and technological advances in the field of paediatric and adult audiology habilitation and rehabilitation
- Teachers of the Deaf, Speech and Language Therapists, General Practitioners with special interest in Audiology, AudioVestibular doctors and any other health professional wishing to expand their knowledge and experience in paediatric and adult audiology habilitation and rehabilitation
Images from 2014
Themes & learning outcomes
The themes for all three days are:
- Day 1 & 2: Innovations in hearing technology – adults
- Day 3: Day 3: Innovations in hearing technology – paediatrics
1. Latest available technologies in state of the art hearing instruments from a variety of industrial manufacturers including public and private sector devices.
2. Latest hearing instrument research papers and how these impact on clinical practice today.
3. Pre-fitting measures that relate to successful outcomes with hearing instruments.
4. International best practice related to the fitting of amplification and be able to critically compare approaches followed by various countries / institutions.
5. Latest approaches to verification.
- Dr. Christine Yoshinaga-Itano, Research Professor - Institute of Cognitive Science, University of Colorado Boulder
- Gwen Carr, Honorary Senior Research Associate - UCL Ear Institute
- Dr Gareth Smith MSc AuD Consultant Clinical Scientist (Audiology), Honorary lecturer - UCL Ear Institute
- Nicola Howells, Registered Clinical Scientist (Audiology) - Berkshire Healthcare
- Dr Jay Jindal, Au.D., Hearing, Balance, Tinnitus and Auditory Processing Disorder Specialist - CEO Audiology Planet
NB: Please note this timetable is subject to possible change.
- CPD points will be applied for from BSHAA
|Cost of 1 Day Masterclass||EB £210||SR £250|
|Cost of 2 Day Masterclass||EB £265||SR £300|
|Cost of 4 Day Masterclass||EB £500||SR £575|
EB – Early Bird rate closes 13/02/17 for Adv. Amplification masterclass
SR – Standard rate
- Payment via UCL Store must be made at least 2 working days before the start of the course
- In order to secure your place using a purchase order, these must be received at least 3 weeks before the start of the course
NB: Your place on the course is not secured until payment has cleared.