Equality and Diversity
The Ear Institute and UCL actively promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. On this page you will find key information on issues relating to race, gender, religion and belief, sexual orientation, and disability as well as other equalities initiatives at UCL. You will also find links to Faculty of Brain Sciences and UCL webpages with further details on equality and diversity.
- Visit the Faculty of Brain Sciences website for selection of the equality and diversity initiatives we have in place to achieve our goals.
Race, Religion and Belief
- Race: The equality diversity and inclusion strategy 2015-2020; Race Equality Steering group; Black and Minority Ethnic networks and more
- Religion and Belief: Guidance for managers; Religious Equality Policy for students and other useful links
aim to promote gender equality in all our operations and prevent unlawful
- Further information including : Maternity/Paternity; 50-50 gender equality group; female role models; pregnancy and students and much more.
Dignity at work
- UCL has a network of anti- harassment advisors and a policy to ensure that harassment and bullying are not tolerated within the workplace.
- A list of Dignity at work advisors can be found here
is no compulsory retirement age at UCL. Staff may be able to flexibly retire or
retire before 65 dependent upon pension scheme rules but are encouraged
plans early with
their line manager.
Staff will be offered membership of UCL Alumni Association upon retirement.
We are committed to promoting disability equality and there are separate student and staff services available for support.
UCL there are number of different equality networks including DEOLO network of
departmental equal opportunity liaison officers who act for both students and
staff as a source of advice. One role of the DEOLO is to help the Head of
Department with implementation of UCLs Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Strategy 2015, Athena Swan and Race Equality Charter.
- LGB guidance for managers and guidance notes for transgender issues together with links to support for staff and students
- Equality and Diversity News and Events