- An infographic produced by UCLDH and 4Humanities has won an award
- David Ryan (UCL CDIP Archive Studies, 1987) has received an LVO for outstanding service in the New Year's Honours List. He works for the Royal Household as Director of Records.
- A blog by Molly Slight, one of our MA Publishing students, has been published on the Bookseller website.
LIS-Choices is a research project into the career choice perceptions of new and future library and information professionals and the match of these with employers' sector experiences of recruitment.
The research is being carried out by the UCL DIS Department of Information Studies on behalf of MLA the Council for Museums, Libraries and Archives.
Please take a few minutes to complete this questionnaire into your preferences and motivations for a career in the various library and information service sectors. The questionnaire is in Word format which can be downloaded and returned as an email attachment to email@example.com
Start Student Questionnaire
Please take a few minutes to complete this survey of employer experience in the various library and information service sectors of recruiting high-calibre and motivated recently-qualified LIS graduates. The questionnaire is in Word format which can be downloaded and returned as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Employer Survey
"IMPROVE YOUR LIBRARY" SELF-EVALUATION FOR SCHOOL LIBRARIES - RESEARCH PROJECT
Lucy Gildersleeves is currently carrying out a three-year research project evaluating the impact of the DfES 'Improve Your Library' self-evaluation frameworks for schools. Click here for more information.
Lucy Gildersleeves is interested in supervising research in areas related to school libraries and to public library services and reader development for children, in the UK and internationally. In particular she is interested in supervising in the following areas:
- impact of school libraries on pupil learning
- information literacy and student transitions between phases of education
- school library engagement with local communities
- school library support services
She is also willing to supervise work focussing on aspects of public library and information services.
G034 Services to Childeren
G034 module information and reading lists are available here for anyone interested in the topics covered and general reading around the subject.
Please note that the General Reading list is extensive. You are ABSOLUTELY NOT expected to read everything on it for this module. It is intended to give you a range of sources to follow up areas of particular interest to you. You will be advised during classe sessions of any specific titles that you really should read.
Students registered for G034 have access to a moodle VLE course which provides lecture notes, coursework assignments, reading lists, discussion fora for topics and children's literature set as part of the module, and various supplementary materials.
Module content information
Assignment submission deadlines:
- Essay proposal (non-assessed) - Monday 12 November
- Reviews coursework (assessed) - Monday 19 November
- Essay (assessed) - Monday 4 February
Literature discussion titles
I am currenty Chair of the Education Librarians Group (ELG) of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP).
I am also a CILIP Councillor, representing ELG within CILIP. Anyone wishing to raise library and information related issues with CILIP may do so by emailing a question or statement of concern to any CILIP Councillor. This can be done via the CILIP website, or you can contact me directly on
Dates for drop-in this Summer Term: up to early July - further dates for July and August to come.
- Monday 7th June – 11.00-1.30; 3.00-4.00
- Thursday 17th June – 11.00-3.00
- Monday 21st June – 11.00-2.00 (2.00 appointment)
- Tuesday 22nd June – I will be around this day but I have an appointment at 11.00 and a meeting for which exact time is not yet fixed
- Monday 28th June – 11.00-3.00
- Monday 5th July – 11.00-3.00
If none of these suit, please let me know and I will try to arrange a separate appointment for you.