Researching e-Science Analysis of Census Holdings
The managerial workshop was the third (and final) workshop to be undertaken as part of this research series. Previous workshops addressed the academic aims, and technical infrastructure necessary to develop a grid based project which utilises historical census data. The aim of this workshop was to ascertain the managerial and legal issues which would need to be resolved in order to undertake a research project using Ancestry's data, in conjunction with The National Archives, and UCL.
Issues which will be discussed included
- Licensing requirements from Ancestry
- Security of data
- Ownership of research outcomes
- Management structure of a full scale project
- Financial structure of a full scale project
- Paths to dissemination and publicity
- Any other topics which participants suggest are relevant
The workshop was mostly be a discussion session, featuring input from Ancestry.co.uk, The National Archives, UCL DIS, UCL Research Computing, and Historians.
|14.30||Welcome and Introductions|
|14.45||ReACH so far: an overview (Melissa Terras)|