The data listed here includes captured and processed data from the imaging and analyses of the Mummy cartonnage and surrogates during the Arcadia funded Mummy Cartonnage Imaging Project, from our different imaging modalities (Multispectral imaging, Optical Coherence Tomography, Terahertz imaging, X-ray fluorescence, Phase contrast x-ray, and X-ray microCT). This data is hosted by UCL Research Data Storage for public access and use. All images are licensed for use under Creative Commons 0 1.0 Universal License.
This data set comprises a core content set of digital images, analytical data and technical reports on the imaging and analysis of mummy mask cartonnage and modern surrogates. These are intended for access by researchers, scholars, students and the general public. The data set contains the following folders organized by imaging method:
README.txt file: This description of the data set providing an orientation to the data and rights management of the core data from the project imaging.
The Data Directory structure, starting from the root is as follows, with hyperlinks denoting links to downloadable data files and documentation:
- ReadMe.txt file: in text format for the overall data set. Individual ReadMe’s with more specific information are included with the data set from each imaging modality.
- Documentation and reports for each modality (151MB).
- Fiber Optic Reflectance Spectroscopy Data from testing conducted by Equipoise Imaging
- Optical Coherence Tomography Data from imaging conducted in the Duke University Eye Center and Department of Biomedical Engineering.
- Terahertz Data from experimental imaging at the University of Western Australia
- Results and Documentation (1MB)
- Xray Data: XRF data from the SLAC Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource in California and "Micro-CT ALS Berkeley" data from the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Advanced Light Source in California.
- Xray Data (21.3GB).
- Multispectral Imaging Data
- Readme for MSI Data
-ImageData_RBT: Data from the project multispectral imaging conducted in the United States by RB Toth Associates at Duke University and University of California at Berkeley, with processed images of US and UCL images. (31 GB.)
- UCBsn_LC : Data from multispectral imaging of the University of California at Berkeley s.n. cartonnage fragment by the Library of Congress before and after x-ray of the fragment for damage assessment (2.1GB)
- UCL_Digital_Humanities: Data from multispectral imaging of the UCL Phantom surrogates and Petrie Museum cartonnage UC806037i in the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities, London. (22.6GB)
- UManchester_JohnRylands: Data from multispectral imaging of both sides of cartonnage Greek P458 P458 at the University of Manschester John Rylands Library. (5.5GB)
For further information about this data contact Professor Adam Gibson, UCL Department of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering.