Top Resources
A-Z Icon A-Z Index
Term Dates Icon Term Dates
Directory Icon Directory Services
Portico Icon Portico
Registry Student and Registry Services
Student Centre Student Centre
Pay On-line Pay On-line
Study Abroad Icon Study Abroad
Timetable Timetable
Moodle Moodle
Map Icon Maps and Transport links

Student of Concern

UCL is committed to the wellbeing and safety of our students.

There are many sources of support for students who are having difficulties whether they are academic, emotional, financial or physical, however sometimes it is hard to know how to help a student who appears to be struggling, particularly if you feel they are unwilling or unable to seek the help they need.

If you are concerned about the behaviour of a student or if a student has stopped engaging completely and may be missing please contact us. The easiest way to do this is by completing the online UCL Student Cause for Concern Form. You can also email studentofconcern@ucl.ac.uk

Within 24 hours of receiving a Student of Concern form Student and Registry Services will send a request for a meeting with the student. The person who submitted the form will be notified of this action.

Student and Registry Services will then work with the student and other services to support the student's physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.

Where a studentĀ appears to be missing Student and Registry Services will work with Security Services and the Police to try to ensure the student is safe.

More information on supporting students in crisis can be found at student support.

Serious student welfare cases

If a student is admitted to hospital or is involved in a serious incident please complete the UCL Student Cause for Concern Form or email Student Support and Wellbeing, student.wellbeing@ucl.ac.uk. The Director of Student Support and Wellbeing will liaise with the student and family members and guardians as appropriate and will coordinate support on behalf of UCL. The Chaplain appointed to UCL will also be informed and can arrange to visit the student if this is requested.

In a situation where you are concerned a student is in immediate danger of hurting themselves or others you should phone 999 or take them to any Accident and Emergency Department.