Top Resources
A-Z Icon A-Z Index
Term Dates Icon Term Dates
Directory Icon Directory Services
Portico Icon Portico
Registry Student and Registry Services
Student Centre Student Centre
Pay On-line Pay On-line
Study Abroad Icon Study Abroad
Timetable Timetable
Moodle Moodle
Map Icon Maps and Transport links

Updating your Personal Information

It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal details held on the UCL central record are correct and up-to-date. This information can be viewed via PORTICO.

Updating Addresses

All correspondence will be sent to the contact address that is held on your student central record and displayed via Portico.

On completion of your programme of study your degree/diploma certificate, official transcript and graduation ceremony information will be sent to the last contact address. If you need to update your address but no longer have access to Portico, you must contact Information Services.

UCL registry does not maintain addresses for former students that have already received their degree certificate. Former students may register their contact details with the UCL Alumni.

Updating Email Addresses

When you register with Information Systems you are allocated with a UCL e-mail address. E-mail is now used for communication throughout UCL. Your tutors and central administrative departments will use your UCL e-mail address. If you have multiple addresses (including external ISPs), it is your responsibility to check them for messages and/or arrange forwarding. Further information is available on the Information Systems website.

UCL Student and Registry Services do not maintain email addresses for former students that have already received their degree certificate.

Updating your name

You must provide the Student Centre with official documentation e.g passport, birth certificate or marriage certificate. Photocopies will not normally be accepted.

Certificates will be awarded in your name as it appears on PORTICO. Changes to your name cannot be made once you have completed your programme of study.

Tier 4 and other visa Points Based System migrants are required to report their name change to the Home Office. The Home Office will issue you a new biometric identity card which you must then take to the Student Centre. Further information can be found on the UKBA website

Updating other personal information

If you need to update the information listed below, you must provide the Student Centre with official documentation e.g passport or birth certificate.

· Ethnicity

· Nationality

· Date of Birth