- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Please read this important update.
UCL Student Welfare Week – 02-05 March 2015
Stressed about exams? Worried you’re not eating right? Losing sleep over your future career? UCL Student Welfare Week 2015 aims to help address many of these issues, and more.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
The Frank Carter Postgraduate Prize
Professor Frank Carter was a historical geographer who held a joint appointment in the UCL Department of Geography and at SSEES from 1966 to 1990. In 1990 he moved full-time to SSEES and died in service in 2001, having been awarded a personal chair. Fluent in all the main East European languages, he obtained doctorates from universities in Prague, London, Krakow and Zagreb and published widely. The prize was established in his memory by the generosity of his widow, Mrs Krystyna Carter.
- Two prizes known as the Frank Carter Postgraduate Prize may be awarded in each session.
- The prizes are awarded for the best postgraduate dissertations using original sources in a foreign language from the Department of Geography (Human Geography) and the School of Slavonic and East European Studies, on a topic in economics, history, politics or sociology.
- The value of each prize is £300.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered at the MA Board of Examiners of: the Department of Geography and the School of Slavonic and East European Studies (by the School’s Programme Coordinators for Economics, History, Politics and Sociology, and the Chair of the MA Board of Examiners).
- The Awards shall be announced in the autumn by the Trustees of the Frank Carter Postgraduate Prize Fund.
- Awards are subject to the provision of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 29 nov 13 11:25