- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Please read this important update.
UCL Student Welfare Week – 02-05 March 2015
Stressed about exams? Worried you’re not eating right? Losing sleep over your future career? UCL Student Welfare Week 2015 aims to help address many of these issues, and more.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Sir William Meyer Essay Prize
Instituted in 1961 from the income of the bequest in 1922 of £3000 of Sir William Meyer, Fellow of the College, 'for the encouragement of proficiency in European History and in the History and Geography of India'
- The Sir William Meyer Essay Prize may be awarded in each
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of
the Faculty of
Social and Historical Sciences.
- The Prize is awarded for a geographical essay not exceeding
words in length and on a subject approved by the Head of the
Geography. Other things being equal, preference will be given to
with the Geography of India.
- The value of the Prize is £50.
- A candidate must be a student in the Department of Geography
at the time of
competing for the Prize and must have attended for not less than five
- Candidates must send their essays to the Head of the Department of
on or before 31 May.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the Head of
Department of Geography.
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 10:41