Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Mead Scholarship in Geography
Founded in 1981 by the subscribers to the Mead Scholarship Fund to reflect their respect for the contribution made to the Department of Geography and the College by W.R. Mead, Professor of Geography at the College, 1966-1981
- One or more Scholarships, known as the Mead Scholarships
in Geography, may
be awarded in each session.
- The Scholarships are awarded to enable undergraduates,
graduates and junior
members of staff in the Department of Geography at
University College London to
pursue research in Northern Europe. Preference will
be given to undergraduates
and to projects in Scandinavia.
- The Scholarships are awarded by the
Council on the recommendation of the
Faculty of Social & Historical Sciences (who will receive nominations
the Mead Scholarship Committee after they have been approved by a
of the Department of Geography).
- The value of the Mead Scholarship each session is determined
by the Mead
Scholarship Committee, under the chairship of the Head of the Department
- Candidates must send written notice of their intention
to compete for the
Scholarship to the Registrar of the College on or before 1 February.
must give particulars of their academic record and of the research work
intend to pursue in the event of the Scholarship being
awarded to them, and of
the place or places where it will be pursued. Previous tenure of the
does not debar a candidate from competing on a second occasion.
- The Mead Scholarship Committee may request supplementary
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 10:44 by Registry Web