Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Institute of Archaeology Awards
Funding derived from the following trust funds are now collectively known as the Institute of Archaeology Awards:
- Childe Bequest
- Margary Bequest
- Margary Gift
- Sir Mortimer Wheeler
- Getty Programme
- Tylecote Research Fellowship
- Thriplow Trust
- Gertrude Caton-Thompson Awards
- Douglas Murray Scholarship
- Flinders Petrie Scholarship
- The Institute of Archaeology offers these Awards to students involved in fieldwork, research, placements and for participation in conferences.
- Students wishing to apply for up to £250 may submit an application at any time to the Director of the Institute via the Assistant Financial Assistant (application forms are available on the Institute website).
- Requests for Awards exceeding £250 may only be submitted twice a year (by 27 March and by 16 October) to the Assistant Financial Assistant, and should normally be accompanied by evidence that applicants have also applied to other agencies for full/part funding (MA and MSc students should not that they are not eligible to apply to the Graduate School).
- The Institute's Grant Sub-Committee decides whether applications should be supported or not, whether in full and/or as a contribution towards a Graduate School application.
- All applicants must complete an application form and, for amounts exceeding £250, provide two references in support of their application. A breakdown of costs is required plus any supporting documentation. No reasons for the Sub-Committee's decisions will be given.
Page last modified on 26 nov 13 13:02