- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Rail Strikes and Examinations- Latest Advice
It has been announced that the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) Union have cancelled planned strike action which was due to disrupt services on 25th and 26th May. All services will now run as normal on the above dates and there will be no impact on students travelling to examinations.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
R.B. Hounsfield Prize in Traffic Engineering
Founded in 1950 to commemorate the connection of Mr R.B. Hounsfield with the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, 1947-50
- The R. B. Hounsfield Prize in Traffic Engineering may be awarded in each session.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of the Faculty of Engineering.
- The Prize is awarded to a student showing excellence in the subjects of the B.Eng or M.Eng examination relating to Transport Studies.
- The Prize takes the form of books or instruments to the value of £200.
- A candidate must be a student of the College in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering who is a candidate for graduation in the term in which the award is made.
- No application is necessary.
- The qualifications of candidates are considered by the Chadwick Professor of Civil Engineering.
- The award is announced in July.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 oct 14 09:39