Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
The Drummond and Frank Scott Prize for Overall Performance in Year 1
The Drummond Prizes were founded in 1973 by Dr L. Margaret Kerly in memory of Sir Jack Drummond, Professor of Biochemistry at UCL, 1922-1945, and Dean of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, 1929-1932. The Frank Scott Prize was endowed in 1938 by the late Dr A. T. Scott to perpetuate the memory of his brother, a student of The Middlesex Hospital Medical School, who died in his first year
- One award may be awarded in each session.
- The Prizes are awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the Faculty
of Biomedical Sciences Board of Examiners.
- The Prize is awarded for outstanding performance in Year
1 of the MBBS
- The value of the Drummond and Frank Scott Prize is £200.
The award is
accompanied by a certificate.
- No application is necessary.
- The award is announced in June.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.
Page last modified on 15 feb 12 13:01 by Registry Web