Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Environmental Design Prize
Founded in 1975 by Professor R.G. Hopkinson, Haden Pilkington Professor of Environmental Design and Engineering, and Professor N.F. Watson, Bartlett Professor of Architecture, from the award to them jointly of the Edwin F. Guth Memorial Prize of the Illuminating Engineering Society of America
- The Environmental Design Prize may be awarded in each session.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the
recommendation of the
Haden-Pilkington Professor of Environmental Design and Engineering
Bartlett Professor of Architecture.
- The Prize is awarded to an undergraduate student of
London for distinguished work in the integration of Engineering
Architec-tural principles in Environmental Design.
- The Prize takes the form of a travel grant of not more than
- No application is necessary by a student of the Bartlett
Architecture and Planning, but a candidate from another
department in the
College must send written notice of their intention to
compete for the Prize to
the Registrar of the College on or before 15 May.
- The Haden-Pilkington Professor of Environmental Design
and Engineer-ing and
the Bartlett Professor of Architecture may appoint advisers to
assist them in
making their recommendation.
- The award is announced in June.
- Awards are subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.