Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Financial Assistance Fund (FAF)
What is it - The UCL Financial Assistance Fund (UCL-FAF) provides discretionary financial assistance for students who find themselves in financial difficulty. The fund comes from donations made by UCL alumni, friends and staff.
UCL-FAF is intended to act as a safety-net for those in financial difficulty and therefore cannot be considered a main, major nor statutory source of funding.
Who can apply – Students who may be considering leaving UCL because of financial problems are particularly encouraged to apply.
· Full-time or part-time students;
· Home(UK), EU or International students;
· Only currently registered UCL students;
· You must have paid (or be able to pay) your tuition fees in full;
· You can be at any level of study (Undergraduate, Taught Masters or Research);
· You can be on a Placement or on Study Abroad;
· University Preparatory Certificate in the Language Centre students are eligible;
· CRS may occasionally be considered, but on a discretionary basis
When – UCL-FAF applications can be accepted from 28 September 2015 subject to the following constraints:
· If you are an undergraduate Home (UK) student, you must have applied for your maximum student loan entitlement and have received your first instalment before submitting an application;
· If you have just started your programme at UCL, you must have completed a minimum of one term of your current programme before you apply: this applies to all Undergraduates, Taught Masters and Research students. You will be eligible to apply from the start of your second term;
· Continuing students (Year 2 onwards) may apply from the start of the academic year;
· Applications will be accepted throughout the academic year.
· It may be necessary for you to attend an interview, If this is required, the interview will be conducted by the Head of Student Funding and/or the Student Funding Manager;
· Awards are made in a single payment in GBP to a UK bank account or via a cheque;
· Unsuccessful applications cannot be appealed;
· Awards are made towards maintenance costs only;
· The SFO considers your application and data to be confidential.
· We are happy to answer your queries, please see email link above.
Page last modified on 30 sep 15 09:02