Useful links and Guides
support with finances from external agencies – Please note UCL does not endorse
the following links. We believe the links below maybe useful in supporting
students during their time at UCL.
Help with medical expenses
- The NHS Low Income Scheme offers help to people from low-income backgrounds cover health related costs on the NHS such as travel, prescriptions, dental and opticians bills. The certificate lasts for a year.
Grants for disabled students
- Student Health Association Assistance
Fund helps students with disabilities
to keep up with their studies. The maximum amount of each award is £500 and
students must be involved in higher education on a full-time or nearly full-time
- Choose.net offers schemes to help low-income families or people with disabilities by
offering computers at reduced cost, or grants large enough to cover all
or part of the cost of computer hardware.
Learn about managing money
- The Money Advice Service offer free and impartial money advice on a wide range of topics. Their dedicated Student and Graduate Money page has several useful resources subjects such as budgeting, repaying your loan and a guide to student bank accounts.
- The UCAS website has some basic
money advice tools on figuring out a
work and studies and Managing debts.
- Step Change are a charity that provide free debt advice
Guides to Student Finance Funding
- The Student Loans Company's (SLC) own Money Matters e-magazine is a must read to help students get a better understanding of the Student Finance process and making their money go further.
- The Which website also offers a comprehensive guide to university finance.