UCL undertakes a large variety of life science work across university. From testing heart valves to elemental microanalysis, UCL's strength and breadth in the life sciences means we can undertake a wide variety of testing and analysis projects and tailor them to suit your needs.
- A highly specialised clinical laboratory service for ophthalmic specimens.
- Facilities which provide a scientific infrastructure for cutting-edge basic, translational and clinical cancer research including analysis of clinical trial samples and gene therapy.
- Offer a range of facilities, such as confocal microscopy and gene microarray analysis.
- A range of analytical facilities such as confocal and electron microscopy, CHN Elemental Microanalysis, HPLC and Water Determination by Karl Fischer, Mass Spectrometry and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
- A human tissue provision and utilisation service for academic and commercial researchers.
- Gives access to a wide range of confocal imaging equipment.
- Offers a wide range of materials and cell characterisation facilities
- The USD platform is designed to aid bioprocess development and biomanufacturing. It is a combination of specialized devices and experimental approaches which reduces the process material requirement for bioprocess research and development from the traditional tens or hundreds of litres at pilot-scale to the millilitre-scale.
- Laboratory dedicated to the testing and assessing of prosthetic heart valves.