Brexit: Its Consequences for Devolution & the Union
May 19, 2016 06:00 PM
End: May 19, 2016 07:30 PM
Location: Anatomy G29 J Z Young LT, Gower Street.
What will happen if the UK votes to leave the EU, but a majority in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland vote to remain? Will such an outcome trigger a second Scottish referendum on independence? Would Wales or Northern Ireland follow suit? What would the broader implications of Brexit be for the devolved areas of the UK, for example in terms of loss of EU funding?
- Professor Jim Gallagher, former Director General, Devolution Strategy, Cabinet Office; Visiting Professor, University of Glasgow; Associate Member, Nuffield College, Oxford
- Professor Sionaidh Douglas-Scott, QMUL, author of Constitutional Law of the European Union
- Professor Cathy Gormley-Heenan, Professor of Politics, University of Ulster
- Dr Rachel Minto, Research Associate, Centre for European Law and Governance, Cardiff School of Law and Politics
- Professor Robert Hazell, Professor of Government and the Constitution at UCL