Lucinda is a Deputy Principal Clerk in the House of Commons. She was formerly the Head of the Parliament and Constitution Centre in the Commons Library and clerk of the Liaison Committee. She is now the Clerk of the Joint Committee on Human Rights.
She co-authored a number of Unit publications touching on legislative scrutiny, the role of select committee and parliamentary procedure.
- The Development of scrutiny in the UK: An overview of procedures and practices, Mark Sandford and Lucinda Maer (February 2004)
- Issues of Importance: The scrutiny role of the London Assembly, Mark Sandford and Lucinda Maer (June 2004)
- Select Committees under scrutiny, Mark Sandford & Lucinda Maer (June 2004)
- Old Habits Die Hard? Overview and Scrutiny in English local authorities, Mark Sandford and Lucinda Maer (January 2004)
- Scrutiny under Devolution, Mark Sandford and Lucinda Maer (November 2003)