Our Software Systems Engineering MSc degree programme is underpinned by a Software Engineering Research Group that is regularly ranked among the top three of its kind in the world
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
Students undertake modules to the value of 180 credits.
The programme consists of six core modules (90 credits), and either a group project (60 credits) or research project (60 credits). Students will be able to select two modules (30 credits) from optional modules.
- Practical Program Analysis (COMP0174)
- Professional Practice (COMP0135) (15 credits)
- Requirements Engineering and Software Architecture (COMP0101) (15 credits)
- Research Methods in Software Engineering (COMP0108) (15 credits)
- Software Abstractions and Systems Integration (COMP0102) (15 credits)
- Software Development Practice (COMP0104) (15 credits)
- Validation and Verification (COMP0103) (15 credits)
Students must select two optional modules (30 credits).
- Complex Networks and Web (COMP0123) (15 credits)
- Computer Security I (COMP0054) (15 credits)
- Distributed Systems and Security (COMP0133) (15 credits)
- Financial Institutions and Markets (COMP0105) (15 credits)
- Financial Market Modelling and Analysis (COMP0075) (15 credits)
- Information Retrieval and Data Mining (COMP0084) (15 credits)
- Machine Learning for Domain Specialists (COMP0142) (15 credits)
- Malware (COMP0060) (15 credits)
- Networked Systems (COMP0023) (15 credits)
- People and Security (COMP0056) (15 credits)
Please note: the availability and delivery of optional modules may vary, depending on your selection.
Students undertake either the MSc Software Systems Engineering Group Project (60 credits) or MSc Software Systems Engineering Research Project (60 credits).
Most students participate in a group industrial project, generally in close collaboration with one of our industrial partners. Other students undertake either an individual or small-group research project, under the supervision of academics in UCL's Software Systems Engineering group.
- MSc Software Systems Engineering Group Project (COMP0111) (60 credits)
- MSc Software Systems Engineering Research Project (COMP0110) (60 credits)