Machine Learning MSc is a unique programme that introduces students to the computational, mathematical and business views of machine learning
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
Students undertake modules to the value of 180 credits.The programme consists of one core module (15 credits), five to seven optional modules (75 to 105 credits), up to two elective modules (0 to 30 credits), and a research project (60 credits).
- Supervised Learning (COMP0078) (15 credits)
Students must choose 75 to 105 credits from these optional modules. Students must take either Graphical Models (COMP0080) or Probabilistic and Unsupervised Learning (COMP0086).
- Advanced Topics in Machine Learning (COMP0083) (15 credits)
- Affective Computing and Human-Robot Interaction (COMP0053) (15 credits)
- Applied Machine Learning (COMP0081) (15 credits)
- Approximate Inference and Learning in Probabilistic Models (COMP0085) (15 credits)
- Bioinformatics (COMP0082) (15 credits)
- Graphical Models (COMP0080) (15 credits)
- Information Retrieval and Data Mining (COMP0084) (15 credits)
- Introduction to Deep Learning (COMP0090) (15 credits)
- Machine Vision (COMP0137) (15 credits)
- Probabilistic and Unsupervised Learning (COMP0086) (15 credits)
- Reinforcement Learning (COMP0089) (15 credits)
- Statistical Natural Language Processing (COMP0087) (15 credits)
(Students must choose 0 to 30 credits from these elective modules)
- Computational Modelling for Biomedical Imaging (COMP0118) (15 credits)
- Financial Engineering (COMP0048) (15 credits)
- Inverse Problems in Imaging (COMP0114) (15 credits)
- Multi-agent Artificial Intellgience (COMP0124) (15 credits)
- Numerical Optimisation (COMP0120) (15 credits)
- Robot Vision and Navigation (COMP0130) (15 credits)
- Robotic Systems Engineering (COMP0127) (15 credits)
Please note: the availability and delivery of optional modules may vary, depending on your selection.
All MSc students undertake an independent research project which culminates in a dissertation of 10,000-12,000 words in the form of a project report.
- MSc Machine Learning Project (COMP0091) (60 credits)