Machine Learning MSc is a unique programme that introduces students to the computational, mathematical and business views of machine learning
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
Students undertake modules to the value of 180 credits. The programme consists of one core module (15 credits), two to seven optional modules (30 to 105 credits), up to five elective modules (0 to 75 credits), and a research project (60 credits).
- Supervised Learning (COMP0078) (15 credits)
Students must select a minimum of 30 credits and a maximum of 105 credits from these optional modules, which must include either Graphical Models (COMP0080) or Probabilistic and Unsupervised Learning (COMP0086).
- Advanced Topics in Machine Learning (COMP0083) (15 credits)
- Affective Computing and Human-Robot Interaction (COMP0053) (15 credits)
- Applied Machine Learning (COMP0081) (15 credits)
- Approximate Inference and Learning in Probabilistic Models (COMP0085) (15 credits)
- Bioinformatics (COMP0082) (15 credits)
- Graphical Models (COMP0080) (15 credits)
- Introduction to Deep Learning (COMP0090) (15 credits)
- Machine Learning Seminar (COMP0168) (15 credits)
- Machine Vision (COMP0137) (15 credits)
- Probabilistic and Unsupervised Learning (COMP0086) (15 credits)
- Reinforcement Learning (COMP0089) (15 credits)
- Statistical Natural Language Processing (COMP0087) (15 credits)
Students select a minimum of 0 credits and a maximum of 75 credits from these elective modules.
- Computational Modelling for Biomedical Imaging (COMP0118) (15 credits)
- Information Retrieval and Data Mining (COMP0084) (15 credits)
- Inverse Problems in Imaging (COMP0114) (15 credits)
- Multi-agent Artificial Intelligence (COMP0124) (15 credits)
- Numerical Optimisation (COMP0120) (15 credits)
- Robot Vision and Navigation (COMP0130) (15 credits)
- Robotic Control Theory and Systems (COMP0128) (15 credits)
- Robotic Systems Engineering (COMP0127) (15 credits)
Please note: the availability and delivery of optional modules may vary, depending on your selection.
All MSc students undertake an independent research project which culminates in a dissertation of 10,000-12,000 words in the form of a project report.
- MSc Machine Learning Project (COMP0091) (60 credits)