UCL Doctorate In Clinical Psychology



How do I apply?

International candidates apply directly to the Clearing House.

How do I find out if I am eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) of the British Psychological Society (BPS)?

Degree qualifications awarded outside the UK are assessed for eligibility for Graduate basis for Chartered Membership by the British Psychological Society (BPS). Usually GBC is conferred when an individual has completed an undergraduate degree in Psychology, or a postgraduate degree which includes a substantive period of study in Psychology. You must apply for membership of the BPS and they will check your qualifications as part of the application process.

For further information please click here

Are there scholarships or other forms of financial assistance?

It is expected that overseas candidates will secure their own funding before starting the course through their own government, charitable or personal sources. The department cannot advise on sources of funding but UCL registry has some useful links about funding opportunities for international students. Please inquire directly via the scholarships webpage, but please be aware that these scholarships are highly selective in terms of eligible candidates and subject areas that are funded.

Will I be able to work in the UK after I graduate?

While the UCL Doctorate in Clinical Psychology entitles you to apply for registration as a Chartered Psychologist with the BPS and registration with the UK Health Professions Council, applicants are likely to be individuals hope to return overseas to develop clinical psychology services. The right to work in the UK will be determined by your visa status.