Modern foreign language (MFL) course units
Arabic, Dutch, French,
German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese and Spanish.
Seven levels from complete beginners (syllabus A) to advanced (syllabus D) and post-A level (Business and Current Affairs; Current Affairs and Culture (Social, Historical and Political); Professional Purposes II; Academic Purposes II; Translation Skills). We also offer French for Art Historians and Italian for Art Historians at intermediate level. Please note that currently Arabic is available at levels 1 to 5 (Business and Current Affairs), Dutch is available at levels 1 to 4 and Portuguese is available at levels 1 to 3.
- Most levels are available as either a 0.5 unit or a 1.0 unit (15 or 30 credits/7.5 or 15 ECTS respectively). A 1.0 unit (30 credits/15 ECTS) is more intensive and enables you to make faster progress and cover more material.
English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course units
- English Language Skills for Academic Purposes (0.5 unit/15 credits/7.5 ECTS).
- Academic Writing in English for Non-Native Speakers (0.5 unit/15 credits/7.5 ECTS).
- Academic Writing in English for Native Speakers (0.5 unit/15 credits/7.5 ECTS).
Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) course unit
- TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) [LCTE7900] (1.0 unit/30 credits/15 ECTS).
British Sign Language (BSL) course unit
- BSL (British Sign Language) - Introduction [LCBS6001] (0.5 unit/15 credits/7.5 ECTS) [run in conjunction with the UCL Deafness Cognition and Language (DCAL) Research Centre].