- Courses available
- Aims and objectives
- UCL modern foreign language requirement
- How to register
- Course structure
- Course codes
- Modern foreign language course units
- English for Academic Purposes course units
- TEFL course unit
- Marking Criteria (general)
- Mark/grade schemes
- Feedback - what you think of our course units
- Keeping in touch
- Dates - Teaching
- Dates - Assessment
- Examination preparation workshops - Term 2
- Examination preparation workshops - Term 3
- Course Content
- Language/culture activities
- Contact Us
- Staff Area
Modern foreign language course units
Arabic, Dutch, French,
German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese and Spanish.
Seven levels from complete beginners (syllabus A) to advanced (syllabus D) and post-A level (Business and Current Affairs; Current Affairs and Culture (Social, Historical and Political); Professional Purposes II; Academic Purposes II; Translation Skills). We also offer French for Art Historians and Italian for Art Historians at intermediate level. Please note that Arabic and Mandarin are currently available at levels 1 to 5 (Business and Current Affairs), Dutch is available at levels 1 to 4 and Portuguese is available at levels 1 to 3.
- Most levels are available as either a 0.5 unit or a 1.0 unit (7.5 or 15 ECTS, 15 or 30 graduate credits respectively). A 1.0 unit (15 ECTS, 30 graduate credits) is more intensive and enables you to make faster progress and cover more material.
English for Academic Purposes course units
- English Language Skills for Academic Purposes – 0.5 course unit (7.5 ECTS, 15 graduate credits).
- Academic Writing in English for Non-Native Speakers – 0.5 course unit (7.5 ECTS, 15 graduate credits).
- Academic Writing in English for Native Speakers – 0.5 course unit (7.5 ECTS).
TEFL course unit
- TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) [LCTE7900] – 1.0 course unit (15 ECTS).
Page last modified on 12 jul 15 23:32
The UCL Centre
for Languages & International Education (CLIE) Course Unit website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from these pages.