You must register for any of the events below by emailing Tina on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Places are limited so please request your ticket(s) ASAP!
1. Oud music presentation on musical culture and demonstration by Fadi Alnaji.
- Wednesday 25th February, 5.15pm-7pm UCL Cruciform Seminar Room 1
2. ‘Arabic literature in English: another case of Middle Eastern exceptionalism or ‘just another language’’ talk by Jonathan Wright, translator and journalist, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Wright_(translator)
- Wednesday 4th March, 5.30-7pm, UCL Engineering executive suite 103
1. Dr Ariane Smart, CLIE, is to talk on ‘La crise de l’esprit européen dans l’entre-deux-guerres: diagnostics, résistances et défaites’ talk to be conducted in French. Abstract available on request.
- Wednesday 11th February, 5.30-7pm, UCL Chadwick 2.18
2. Private, guided tour in French of ‘Rubens and his Legacy’ at the Royal Academy. Tour to be given in French, with added explanations in English as required.
- Monday 16th February, meet at 8.50am (no later) on the steps of the Royal Academy
3. Gabrielle Ducomble and her band, http://gabrielleducomble.com/
- Wednesday 25th February 5-6pm (prompt) UCL 106 Gordon House
1. Latewinter concert on Friday 20 February, 7.45pm at the Gresham Centre, Gresham Street, London EC2 (5 mins from St. Paul's tube). All Bach-programme and a glass or two afterwards. www.bachlive.co.uk
1. Introduction, demonstration and workshop on Noh Theatre with Riko Sherrat
- Wednesday 25th February, 5.15-7pm, UCL Foster Court Room 233
2. Film Screening of ‘Station’ at the Japanese Embassy, Thursday 26th February, doors open at 6pm
1. Yolanda Valery from the BBC World Service is to talk on ‘Venezuela, post Chavez’, talk to be conducted in Spanish.
- Monday 2nd February, 5.15pm, UCL Rockefeller 339
2. Limited tickets to Spitalfields Music Festival ‘Closer: to and from Buenos Aires’ Tango music concert
- Wednesday 25th February, 7.30pm, Village Underground, 54 Holywell lane,London EC2A 3PQ
Page last modified on 03 feb 15 16:01
The UCL Centre
for Languages & International Education (CLIE) Course Unit website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from these pages.