The Department's mission to bring the study of the ancient world into the wider community takes a number of forms: events and resources for schools and colleges, and events for the general public (including the screening of early silents films with classical or ancient themes, and the annual classical play in translation).
We also offer a number of teaching resources on the ancient Olympic games.
- Greek Literary Epigram: From the Hellenistic to the Early Byzantine Era (11-13 September 2013)
- Use and Abuse of Law in the Athenian Courts (16-18 April 2013)
- International Conference & Public Event:
Palladas and the New Papyrus (04-05 September 2014)
- Aspects of Family Law in the Ancient World (22-24 April 2015)
- The Poetics of War (17-19 June 2015)