Welcome back to Greek and Latin
Please keep in touch! If you have photos of your time at UCL we'd be very happy put them on our web page.
If you were involved in the Greek play, take a look at our play archive, and do send us any photographs (or play programmes, etc.) that we could put online.
Every year we have lectures, receptions and special events to which alumni are warmly invited. Some are listed on this page: for a full list see our News & Events page. We are very keen for alumni to come and give careers advice to our students at one of our undergraduate careers evenings: if you'd like to do this please get in touch
Your Department needs you
Help Greek and Latin to invest in students, staff and facilities We want to make sure that our students have the best possible educational experience, and you can help us.
We have three funds earmarked for specific purposes. Two were established to honour the memory of Stephen Instone:
A third fund was established in honour of Bob Sharples to help PhD students in the field of ancient philosophy (the first award from this fund was made in 2012):
We also have a General Donations fund which contributes both to student welfare and to maintaining a lively intellectual environment in the Department at a time when the Humanities nationally are under severe financial strains.
Alumni have contributed to the following via the General Donations fund:
- Housman Lecture 2012
- Iambus and Elegy conference
- Refurbishment of the student common room (September 2012)
- Help with the Departmental website
If you want to discuss making a gift, please do not hesitate to contact us on +44 (0)20 7679 9741, or email the Head of Department.
UCL Alumni Network
If you studied at UCL for more than three months, then you are a member of the UCL Alumni Network. UCL Alumni Relations have a dedicated website to highlight what is available to former students of UCL.
- Keep in touch with your fellow Alumni with the new UCL Alumni Web Community system
- Want to help current and recently graduated UCL students with some careers advice? Sign up to become a Careers Mentor at the Alumni Careers Mentor page
Alumna/Alumnus of the Month
A series in which former students talk about their career paths and how UCL Greek and Latin has helped them on their way!
- April 2014: Philippa Benton
- May 2014: Tom Nancollas
- June 2014: Jessica Bain
- September 2014: Sarah Goudge
- December 2014: Laughlan Steer
- March 2015: Jo Balmer
- May 2015: Emma Warren-Thomas
- June 2015: Sofia Koutlaki
- July 2015: Peter Meineck
- September 2015: Phil Ward
- December 2015: Liza Cooke
- April 2016: Amelia Stewart
For all sorts of alumni-related information, see the the main UCL Alumni site