UCL Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering


Visa and Accommodation

Information about visa and accomodation.

Visa information

Some international participants may need a UK visa to come to the UK to attend Transit Data.

International participants are encouraged to check whether they need visas to come to the UK at this website of the UK government. Please note that immigration matters are outside control of the conference organisers. It is envisaged that if you need a visa, you would require a Standard Visitor visa. If you do need a visa, please start the preparation soon. This website indicates the current standard visa processing time, this may change time to time and depend on individual circumstances.

For visa application, you may need an invitation letter from the conference organisers. We will issue an invitation letter for those who have registered to the conference. You can request an invitation letter in the registration process.


Generally, if you shop around on travel websiteso, you may find a hotel that offers a good deal. Many student accommodations (including UCL’s summer residences) are open in summer for short stays, and student attendees (and others) can take advantage of this.